Sunday, February 17, 2008

Two Buck Chuck

When I lived in California, I went to a gourmet food and wine store called Trader Joe's. It's a great store in many ways, but especially if you are on a quest, as we are, to find great values in wines. They have a large selection of wines from all over the world, many of which are priced inexpensively. It's a great place to go treasure hunting.

One of the wines you will find there is a brand label called Charles Shaw. You can buy almost any varietal under this label: Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc, etc. So what? Well, in California, they sell for two dollars a bottle. Yes, two dollars a bottle!!! Outside of California, it's a little more. And the wine is good. My favorite is the Shiraz. I bought a lot of it while I lived in California. Now, there is no Trader Joe's near me, so I can only go there once in a while. But when I do, I stock up on two buck Chuck Shiraz. My recommendation is to find a Trader Joe's if you can, buy one bottle of each variety of the Charles Shaw line, and then settle on your favorite.

No comments: